Hey friends of the internet!
I decided to do a Get To Know Me: Beauty Edition post! So, here are some Q’s n A’s regarding facts about my “beauty routine”. Enjoy 🙂
1) Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair has a natural awkward wave to it if I do not blow dry it. When I brush it and dry it it is pin straight. I used to have ringlets as a child until my mom wanted to chop my beautiful long locks off:(
2) Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
My natural hair colour is a dark brown colour and I go to a salon to get my hair highlighted and cut. I started in the fourth grade with a few carmel highlights and then got it done like that every two years. In January I got light blonde highlights and just a few weeks ago I had a blonde ombre effect with many highlights. Love it! Don’t worry, I will let you know if blondes or brunettes have more fun.
Fun Fact: Last summer I decided to watch Youtube videos on how to ut your own hair, so I did and it turned out pretty good LOL.
3) Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I would say that I change up my hair styles every few months. For example I would go a full month of curling it everyday, or straightening it, or leaving it natural. Recently, I part my hair down the centre and pin my grown out bangs back. I never did that before. Additionally, I really want extensions though.
4) Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I would do my own nails and designs up until I started getting gel nails. Last summer I had them on for four months and now I have had them on since January. Pedicures are okay but I ask them not to massage my foot LOL I don’t like that.
5) How often do you change your nail polish?
I would do my nails once a week and now that I get gel fills I go and get them done every two weeks sometimes three. I prolong getting a fill by painting over them with a sparkly nail polish.
6) Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
I paint my nails more in the summer but sometimes in the winter.
7) How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
I can do a full face of makeup within 20 minutes or I can take as long as two hours if I take my time. I have an everyday routine I nailed down and a going out routine.
8) What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I do my face first. I don’t usually mess up or make smudge marks with my eyeshadow or mascara so it works out. People think it is an odd order to do it in.
9) Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
Both. I but it when I run out and I also buy it if I happen to like it. I have always had a big collection. To be honest, I have so much that if I was to use each product until it finish I would probably not run out for a long while.
10) How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I don’t wear false eyelashes because my eyelashes are already very long. Although it is genetic, I think I have a pretty solid mascara routine.
I have tried false eyelashes once and failed at the application process, but it takes getting used to!
11) Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Yes except when I stay in my house LOL.
12) Do you wear makeup when you’re home alone or with family?
Sometimes I do my makeup for fun and I do wear some at family events. At larger family events I def do.
13) Will you leave the house without makeup?
Absolutely not haha. Though I will admit that I recently do go out with minimal makeup even if it is a quick stop at a store.
14) How many high-end products do you have?
I would say 90% is high end and about 10% are drugstore products.
15) Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you’re getting dressed?
I usually think about it the night before. I like to dress up for school.
16) How often do you change your handbag?
I change it based on my outfits. I have three cross body MK bags that I choose based on the colour scheme of clothing. I change my large school bag up every four months.
17) What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
I get up either around 7 or 10:30 depends on if it is a weekend or weekday. I go to bed at 12 on the weekdays.
18) How often or when do you workout?
I used to workout three times a week and now I don’t really work out LOL. I miss yoga but not cardio, you feel me?
19) Left handed or right handed?
20) How tall are you?
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I can speak Macedonian.
22) How many pets do you have?
One dog!!! Little Skippy, I love him so much!!!
23) How often are you on Blogger?
I try to go on once a week, and multiple times a week when I am not busy.
24) Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Yes I do 🙂
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
LOL yes!!! I have a huge list on my phone tbh, I have bought most. Before I purchase them I do a thorough investigation and read reviews, look at demos, and Youtube videos.
26) How did you come up with your blog name?
One of my guys friends started calling me Mel and I hated it but only let him call me that nickname. So everyone caught onto that and we all made name for each other and it became Mel R like the spice girl LOL.
27) What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
My Iphone and my other digital camera that I do not know the brand name of.
28) How often do you clean your house?
It is an ongoing process on the daily, I try to clean after myself a lot. The set day though is Saturday mornings.
29) What’s your favorite color?
30) Do you swear?
Yes, but not in professional settings or around my family.
31) What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Maybe writing another post then going to bed because it is about 10:30pm.
32) Do you apply your foundation with a brush, sponge, or fingers?
I dot my face with the foundation then use a beauty blender or sometimes I use my hands to put it all over my face then go over with a beauty blender. I know it is weird.
33) Do you apply your eyeshadow from light to dark? or dark to light?
Light to dark
34) Do you prime your eyes?
I use my foundation as a primer but I do use a primer sometimes.
35) Concealer first, or after foundation?
Foundation then concealer
36) Exfoliate lips, face or both?
I exfoliate my lips. I just moisturize my face instead.
37) What release are you most excited about? (Makeup)
I am going shopping tomorrow so we shall see!!!
38) What’s your weakness? Shoes, purses, clothes, jewelry, eyeshadow, lipstick or other?
Bronzers and highlighters atm.
39) Do you whiten your teeth?
No I do not, they are pretty white as it is.
40) Wax eyebrows, or pluck?
I religiously got them threaded for six years and now I just pluck them myself because I have trust issues haha
41) What do you use to contour?
Currently I use highlighters to contour, technically strobbing I guess? Before I used Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Medium to contour and Heat Wave by Hard Candy as a blush.
42) Favorite makeup brand?
I can’t choose just one brand!
43) Liquid eyeliner, pencil or gel?
Liquid! Once you go liquid you don’t go back.
44) Lipstick, lipgloss or chapstick?
45) If you had to wear only one thing, excluding foundation; what would it be?
I would fill in my eyebrows.
46) Favorite color combination?
I love gold/brown or pink/copper (from the Naked 3 Palette)
47) Natural? or Dramatic? (Eye Makeup)
48) Do you care more for quality or name brand?
Quality. I like name brand products but there are so many cheap dupes that you can purchase.
49) Do you enjoy using face masks? If so which ones?
I purchased on face moisturizer two weeks ago and will try it soon! I will make a post about it.
50) What is your current addiction? (example: lipsticks, eyeshadows, earrings..)
Bronzers and highlighters